Laboratory of BIOGAS
Head of laboratory: Prof. Dr. Kęstutis Navickas
Phone: +370 37 752219
Research fields: Estimation of biomass resources for biogas; Optimisation of biogas production processes; Feasibility study of biogas projects; Monitoring of biogas plants.
- Determination of biogas output and energy potential of raw materials processed in biogas power-plants;
- Optimisation of the parameters of the technological process of biogas production;
- Research of biogas composition and energy value;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the performance indicators of biogas power-plants;
- Feasibility studies of the construction of biogas power-plants;
- Preparation of the technological part of a biogas power-plant project;
- Identification and evaluation of the indicators of sustainability cycle of a biogas power-plant.
Laboratory of BIOMASS TREATMENT, LOGISTICS AND SOLID FUEL PROCESSES
Head of laboratory: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Egidijus Zvicevičius
Phone: +370 37 752330
Research fields: Analysis of Biomass resources; Examination of properties of solid biofuels and combustion processes; Investigation of technologies of production of solid biofuels, storage and logistics; Modeling and optimisation of heating – ventilation systems; Project assessment.
- Development of technologies for innovative preparation of different types of solid biofuels, logistics and research of fuel properties (calorific capacity, ash content, volatile substances, combustion products, ingredients of potential pollution, etc.);
- Analysis of the quality of the operation of heat generation plants, evaluation of the quality operation, efficiency of energy consumption as well as operation of heating-ventilation systems;
- Monitoring of the micro-climate in industrial objects, as well as in occupational and living environment;
- Evaluation of the impact of energy and industrial objects on the environment, project expertise;
- Search for efficient application of innovative renewable energy sources, improvement of production technologies;
- Demonstrative testing, education, testing and consulting.
Laboratory of HEAT-ENERGY PROCESSES AND EMISSIONS
Head of laboratory: Prof. Dr. Rolandas Bleizgys
Phone: +370 37 752240
Research fields: Optimisation of technological processes in barns and buildings for storage and processing of agricultural products; Evaluation of environmental impact; Reduction of gas emissions in animal husbandry.
- Evaluation of the micro-climate in industrial buildings;
- Evaluation of air pollution from livestock buildings;
- Evaluation of the instruments for gas emission measurement;
- Research of the properties of solid fuels;
- Identification of material thermal conductivity.
Laboratory of TECHNOLOGY SAFETY
Head of laboratory: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ričardas Butkus
Phone: +370 37 752244
Research fields: Occupational risk assessment and consultations on its management, design of new working places, consultations on new machinery risk assessment and CE marking, measurement and consultations on assessment and control factors in the work environment and machinery.
- Research of the pollution of occupational and living environment and design of pollution-reducing devices: noise, vibration, infra- and ultra- sounds, gas, dust, lighting, UV and electromagnetic radiation, parameters of thermal environment;
- Consulting on the assessment of professional risks in a company, on a farm or in working places in combination with conducting identification tests and design of preventive measures;
- Occupational safety and health management in a company;
- Research of and solutions for ergonomic working places and work devices conducting an analysis of the movement of the human body and its parts, as well as a detailed analysis of the distribution of hand grabbing power.
Laboratory of PROGRESSIVE CROP ENGINEERING
Head of laboratory: Prof. Dr. Dainius Steponavičius
Phone: +370 37 788160
Research fields: Improvement of tillage, sowing, planting, plant care and harvesting technologies and machinery for agricultural and energy plants; Analysis of systems for precision agriculture.
- Research of soil properties in field conditions: electrical conductivity, acidity, quantity of organic particles;
- Research of the quality of the operation of field and garden sprinklers: horizontal distribution of the sprayed fluid, measurement of the efficiency of individual nozzles (debit), measurement of the efficiency of sprinkler pump.
Laboratory of AUTOMATIC CONTROL OF MACHINES, TECHNOLOGICAL SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES
Head of laboratory: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Kęstutis Venslauskas
Phone: +370 37 752219
Research fields: Automation of energetic objects; standalone measurements of energetic and physic parameters and data acquisition; energy saving of industrial processes; diagnostics of industrial hydraulic systems; research of hybrid powertrain and renewable energy systems.
- Automation of energy objects;
- Measurements of various indicators and physical units remotely;
- Calibration of other devices;
- Investigation of vacuum, flat plate and air solar collectors;
- Investigation and inspection of efficiency of solar collectors;
- Investigation of low power generators of wind power plants;
- Diagnostics and research of hydraulic systems;
- Identification of tractor performance indicators;
- Research of performance indicators of internal combustion engines;
- Diagnostics of hydraulic systems of mobile machines, industrial devices and other hydraulic systems;
- Diagnostics of tractor`s power, fuel consumption, speed and acceleration with mobile device;
- Thermovision diagnostics of equipment and technological processes.
Laboratory of TRIBOLOGY
Research fields: Research of tribological processes in mechanical and mechatronic systems (analysis of friction, wear, lubrication factors and its interaction in friction pairs). Two scientific work groups can be marked in laboratory: 1) oils and greases, 2) wear resistant surfaces and coatings. More information: http://int.asu.lt/Tribolog/Tribology-lab.pdf
- Identification of friction and wear reduction in lubricating materials, penetration of plastic greases, oil bursts and dropping of plastic greases and other properties;
- Comparative research of the abrasive attrition of constructive materials;
- Evaluation of macro- and micro-geometric parameters of machinery elements, as well as parameters of hardness (micro-hardness) nand micro-structure;
- Evaluation of the causes of the precarious operation of friction pairs.
- Faculty of Agricultural Engineering
- Faculty of Agronomy
- Faculty of Bioeconomy Development
- Faculty of Forest Sciences and Ecology
- Faculty of Water and Land Management