9th International and Interdisciplinary Symposium of the European Academy of Land Use and Development (EALD)
LAND USE AND LAND DEVELOPMENT IN THE FIELD OF TENSIONS BETWEEN ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC SUSTAINABILITY
Landnutzung und Landentwicklung im Spannungsfeld zwischen ökologischer, sozialer und wirtschaftlicher Nachhaltigkeit
Institute of Land Management and Geomatics,
Vytautas Magnus University Agriculture Academy
from 5th to 7th September 2019
The symposium aims to focus on strategies, tools and institutional arrangements of land management and land use planning in different spatial contexts, considering changing needs in order to promote sustainable development.
PRESENTATIONS will be held on 5th and 6th of September
The Institute of Land Management and Geomatics of Vytautas Magnus University Agriculture Academy will organize the event.
EXCURSION, Saturday, September 7th, 2019
The excursion will look at Kaunas Lagoon Regional Park and Kaunas Hydroelectric Power Station.
Contacts for additional information:
- Jolanta Valčiukienė – firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +370 618 60164
- Thomas Kalbro – email@example.com
The presentations will be published together with those presented in Riga 2018. The papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted symposium papers will be published in a book format. All authors will participate in the peer-review process reviewing at least two articles. This allows us to continue our book series. The volumes are also published as open access e-book
DEADLINE for registration 15th August 2019
SYMPOSIUM REGISTRATION FEE
For members and non-members: 140 € (this fee also includes membership fee for year 2019 for current ordinary members, symposium lunches and refreshments);
For PhD students: is 100 €;
Conference dinner fee: 30 € (5th of September);
Excursion fee: 30 € (7th of September);
Please note: Speakers who have to withdraw their participation later than one month before the conference will be charged with 80% of the full registration fee.
DEADLINES FOR BANK TRANSFER
To: European Academy of Land Use and Development
Details of payment: Symposium 2019
Account Bank address
EALD/BGS Geschaftsstelle Zurcher Kantonalbank
ZHAW-IUNR Bodenoekologie Postfach
Gruental 8010 Zurich
8820 Waedenswil Switzerland
IBAN-number: CH41 0070 0130 0082 4652 1
Swift code: ZKBKCHZZ80A
Please note: Deadline for bank transfer is 20th August.
During the spring detailed information about registration, payment, excursion, hotel accommodation etc. will be provided.
The final symposium’s programme will be sent to you at latest one month before the meeting. The Symposium will be combined with a General Assembly.
TRANSPORT FROM AIRPORTS
From Kaunas airport:
- Bus No. 29 goes to Kaunas city center (timetable is available here https://www.stops.lt/kaunas/#bus/29/a-b/en) the price is about 1 EUR.
- Taxi (the price to go to Kaunas city center is about 15-20 EUR).
- In Kaunas Taxify option operates well too.
From Vilnius airport:
- From Vilnius airport you need to reach Vilnius central BUS or TRAIN station (both stations practically is together, only separated by one street – Geležinkelio str.).
- How can you reach Vilnius central BUS or TRAIN stations?
-You can take taxi from Vilnius airport to TRAIN station. The price is about 5 EUR (it is quit near Vilnius airport).
– You can take a train from Vilnius airport to central Vilnius TRAIN station. Price for ticket is 0,7 EUR it will take only several minutes. Timetable is available here: https://www.traukiniobilietas.lt/portal/en (choose options – from Vilnius airport to Vilnius).
-You can take public transport Bus No.1 and Bus No.2 from Vilnius airport to Vilnius TRAIN station. Timetable is available here: http://stops.lt/vilnius/#bus/1/b-a/2613/en (for Bus No.1) and http://stops.lt/vilnius/#bus/2/b-a/2613/en (for Bus No.2). Price for public transport tickets is about 1-2 EUR.
- From Vilnius central TRAIN station you can take train to Kaunas. Price for tickets is about 5-7 EUR. It will take about 1 hour to reach Kaunas. Timetable is available here: https://www.traukiniobilietas.lt/portal/en (choose options from Vilnius to Kaunas). Please note, that connecting with Rail Baltica project the situation with trains from Vilnius to Kaunas (Kaunas city center) can change, because the part of railway at Kaunas city territory at the moment is closed. There is a date to open this closed part from 1 September. We hope it will be done, otherwise by train from Vilnius, you will reach only suburb of Kaunas city. At the 1 September all information about possibility to reach Kaunas city center from Vilnius central TRAIN station connecting with closed part of railway, will be presented and you will be able to plan your trip by train.
- From Vilnius central TRAIN station crossing one street – Geležinkelio str., you reach Vilnius central BUS station. From Vilnius BUS station you can take bus to Kaunas. Price for tickets is about 7 EUR. It will take 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach Kaunas. Bus to Kaunas practically goes each 30 minutes. Timetable is available here: https://www.autobusubilietai.lt/index.php?lang=0&
Price usually vary according to the moment of reservation – the sooner the cheaper
Closer to the venue:
- Best Baltic Kaunas 4* (about 500 m from venue) http://bestbaltichotels.eu/kaunas/en/
- Park Inn By Radisson Kaunas 4* (about 450 m from venue) https://www.parkinn.lt/hotel-kaunas
- Kaunas hotel 4* (about 440 m from venue) http://www.kaunashotel.lt/
- Hotel “Kaunas city” 3* (about 540 m from venue) http://kaunascityhotel.com/en/
- Metropolis hotel 2* (about 40 m from venue) http://www.metropolishotel.lt/