Information for incoming ERASMUS students
Minimum English language requirements for incoming ERASMUS students is B2 (CEF level).
Deadline for ERASMUS and exchange studies applications:
Autumn semester: 31 May (opening of nomination – 15 April)
Spring semester: 15 November (opening of nomination – 10 October)
Incoming ERASMUS students should arrive for orientation week and studies in Agriculture Academy of Vytautas Magnus University (VMU-AA) between 25 August and 10 September in Autumn semester and between 25 January and 05 February in Spring semester.
Autumn semester – 01 September – 31 January
Spring semester – first Monday of February – 15 June
Visa formalities for incoming students from non-EU and EFTA countries (i.e. Turkish students)
Organisation of studies for incoming ERASMUS students in Agriculture Academy of Vytautas Magnus University is based on enrolment to study subjects:
- Rules for enrollment to study subjects.
- Step-by-step instructions for registration for study courses at VMU.
- Courses which could be instructed in English.
Contacts for additional questions of foreign students:
– Advising on the study subjects – ERASMUS contact persons in faculties
– Booking the Students hostel – Student Affairs Office, (VMU-AA hostel No 2, R.102);
– Advising regarding accommodation in Kaunas – Students Representation, VMU-AA hostel No 2);
– Buddy and students’ help – Students Representation, (VMU-AA hostel No 2);
– Sporting activities – Sport Center, (C.b. R.347);
– Library – Daiva Martinkienė, (Library, C.b.);
– Connection to ASU internet network – Dainius Dzemyda, (C.b., R.135).
Student card of VMU
Incoming ERASMUS students can get the VMU student card (applying here: www.lsp.lt/en), the procedure takes 1-2 months. Or they can get international ISIC student card (more information: http://www.isic.lt/en) to get the discounts for local transportation in Lithuania.
The quickest way is to receive the ISIC card at home or to get this card after arrival to Lithuania. For that the exchange students should come to VMU Student Affairs Department (Address: S. Daukanto g. 27, room 210) and get International (ISIC) student card (for the registration you will need: your passport or ID card; card price: 10 EUR).
Internet and network facilities in VMU-AA
PC rooms available for free use at VMU-AA except they are occupied by sessions. When using the PC students should present their student card or other ID for supervisor. At the moment available PC rooms:
– Central building – in Library;
– 3rd building, block C (right side from entrance to 3rd building).
Registration for student ID is provided here:
Students can get consultation of IT department (Dainius Dzemyda, ASU Hostel No 5 (Universiteto st. 8), Room 100, Monday to Friday, 16:30 – 17:00).
If the network system of students’ home University installed the Eduroam system (http://www.eduroam.org/) and students have according usernames and passwords in home University, they can connect to network with those usernames being in hostel of VMU.
- International cooperation of VMU-AA
- Characteristics of the present