The Institute of Agricultural and Food Science research fields and topics:
- The growing, quality, storage and processing of fruits’, berries’ and vegetables’;
- Organic vegetable raw materials, products and their quality;
- The modelling of flowers’ decorativeness;
- The assessment studies of field and meadow plant growth, yield formation, selection material and creation of varieties and their genetic potential;
- The use of growth regulators for increasing of field crop productivity and quality improving;
- The nutritional optimization and analysis of genetic resources in animal husbandry.
The Institute of Agroecosystems and Soil Science research fields and topics:
- Sustainability of agroecosystems and ecological intensification;
- Soil resources and conservation;
- Optimisation of plant nutrition;
- Investigation of agrocenoses of rapeseed and other agricultural crops;
- Climate change and agroecosystems: impact, adaptation, and mitigation.
The Institute’s of Biology and Plant Biotechnology research fields and topics:
- Breeding and micro-propagation of ornamental plants; chlorophyll fluorescence and environmental stress;
- Crop and grain contamination with fungi; seed treatments; faunistic research in entomology (basically in Coleoptera); species composition of nematodes;
- Racial structure of bee populations; bee over-wintering conditions; bee diseases; nectarity of plants; protection of agricultural plants against pests and diseases; forest protection against pests and diseases; successions of entomocomplexes in forests.
- Agro ecosystem sustainability and ecological intensification;
- Increase of plant genetic potential in coherence with the environment;
- Development of environment and resource conserving and competitive agro technologies;
- Development of safe food and raw materials for innovative industrial production.
Fundamental and applied research in the fields:
- sustainability of agroecosystems and ecological extension;
- increase of plant genetic potential in harmony with the environment;
- development of environment and resource conserving and competitive agrotechnologies;
- development of raw materials suitable for safe food and innovative industrial products.