The Institute of Agricultural and Food Science research fields and topics:
- The growing, quality, storage and processing of fruits’, berries’ and vegetables’;
- Organic vegetable raw materials, products and their quality;
- The modelling of flowers’ decorativeness;
- The assessment studies of field and meadow plant growth, yield formation, selection material and creation of varieties and their genetic potential;
- The use of growth regulators for increasing of field crop productivity and quality improving;
- The nutritional optimization and analysis of genetic resources in animal husbandry.
Head of institute – Prof. Dr. Elvyra Jarienė
Address: Studentų g. 11 (room 424), Akademija Kauno r.
Phone: +370 37 75 23 36
The Institute of Agroecosystems and Soil Sciences research fields and topics:
- Sustainability of agroecosystems and ecological intensification;
- Soil resources and conservation;
- Optimisation of plant nutrition;
- Investigation of agrocenoses of rapeseed and other agricultural crops;
- Climate change and agroecosystems: impact, adaptation, and mitigation;
- Crop and weed ecology.
Head of institute – Prof. Dr. Vaclovas Bogužas
Address: Studentų g. 11 (room 522), Akademija Kauno r.
Phone: +370 37 75 22 33 29
The Institute of Biology and Plant Biotechnology research fields and topics:
- Breeding and micro-propagation of ornamental plants; chlorophyll fluorescence and environmental stress;
- Crop and grain contamination with fungi; seed treatments; faunistic research in entomology (basically in Coleoptera); species composition of nematodes;
- Racial structure of bee populations; bee over-wintering conditions; bee diseases; nectarity of plants; protection of agricultural plants against pests and diseases; forest protection against pests and diseases; successions of entomocomplexes in forests.
- Agro ecosystem sustainability and ecological intensification;
- Increase of plant genetic potential in coherence with the environment;
- Development of environment and resource conserving and competitive agro technologies;
- Development of safe food and raw materials for innovative industrial production.
Head of institute Prof. Dr. Natalija Burbulis
Address: Studentų g. 11 (room 302), Akademija Kauno r.
Phone: +370 37 75 22 64
- Faculty of Agronomy
- Faculty of Agricultural Engineering
- Faculty of Bioeconomy Development
- Faculty of Forest Sciences and Ecology
- Faculty of Water and Land Management