- are the first in Lithuania in development and research in the science of bioeconomy;
- have the leading researchers dedicated to development of strategic solutions for business development and policy making in bioeconomy;
- deliver unique study programmes centred on one of the key areas of bioeconomy – agriculture and regional development;
- prepare highly qualified, professional experts in policy making for agriculture and regional development, holding sufficient competence to create own business;
- develop close relations with bioeconomy business leaders and authorities;
- conclusively claim that, to live in harmony with the nature, the society needs to shift from the fossil-fuel based economy to a bio-based economy, which must be developed with the view towards sustainable growth of the country.