Faculty of Forest Sciences and Ecology
Studentų 11, Akademija,
LT-53361 Kaunas distr.
Dean of Faculty: Prof. dr. Edmundas Bartkevičius
Phone: +370 37 752232;
Fax: +370 37 752397;
Faculty provides undergraduate and graduate studies in forestry studies direction and biology study direction (study branch – ecology).
Number of students: over 700 (over 550 undergraduate students and over 150 graduate students). Annual students’ admission is about 180. 15 professors, 22 associated professors, 16 lecturers and 10 assistants work at the Faculty. 23 PhD students in Forest Sciences, Environmental Research and Ecology, Environment engineering carry their studies and research at the faculty.
Applied research and experimental (social, cultural) development trends:
- Environment (soil, air, water, vegetation) quality;
- Biodiversity of the natural and anthropogenic ecosystems, their structure, stability and variation under climate change and human activity;
- Renewable energy resources and their sustainability;
- Biomass engineering and energetic processes in biotechnology;
- Agro ecosystem sustainability and ecological intensification;
- Wildlife populations;
- Sustainable forests formation under changing environment conditions;
- Forest stands productivity and growth modeling;
- Logging technologies and wood quality;
- Modern methods of remote sensing, spatial analysis and modeling.
Institutes and Laboratories:
- Institute of Environment and Ecology
- Institute of Forest Biology and Silviculture
- Institute of Forest Management and Wood Science
I cycle study programmes:
Wood Sciences and Trade.
II cycle study programmes:
Urban and Recreational Forestry;
Wildlife Resources and Management.
Doctoral right in the following fields of research:
Ecology and Environmental Science